Old 10-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #210
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
I am just wondering what it means to "flaunt our relationship" around exes...

I ask because currently Stoney is good friends with hys ex. And when we are all together I am friendly. It isn't awkward or anything. But I don't stop from being my mushy hand holding, sitting close, pecking self when we socializing. Should I? It has been a few years. I honestly wonder if there is some social boundary I should respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I don't think holding hands or sitting close is flaunting...at least not by my standards.

Clearly if you're all getting along, neither you or your partner is doing anything that's pushing hys ex's buttons too badly.
Yes This....what Jo said. Flaunting to me and what i was thinking is something like..........

Two peeps break up and one gets with someone else, and they see her/his ex at the same restaurant...they intentionally go sit by them, talk loud, make it a POINT to annoy, to disrespect, to be "in your face" with the ex. To me that is flaunting. Again, just not classy. Tacky is the word that comes to mind actually.

Sounds like all of you are great friends. Wonderful!!!! Heck my ex husband and his wife are around me a lot. They are mushy with each other sometimes, but not overly so to the point they are doing it to try and hurt me or make a point. (not that it would lol) Just naturally affectionate. There is a difference, IMO.

Everyone has to make their own decisions what is right or wrong. Each situation is different. I can only control myself. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions/reactions/actions. I'm a firm believer that most everything in life is a choice. To each his/her own.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: