Old 04-24-2018, 06:51 PM   #231
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
I am pretty lucky where I live, I have penn medicine which is a great nonphobic place. Even non gender bathrooms.

The speech therapy is paid for by insurance since it is part of my treatment for my diagnosed condition of gender dysphoria.
I met one plastic surgeon and I thought he was just an asshole so I.met with another and he is great so we are just counting days and pounds if I can drop about 40 or so pounds then with the contouring I will also get some stomach work done.. since the internal material needed for top is coming from the gut..
I also moved back to pa from nj because of the better medical care and thanks to Obamacare care the insurance is affordable.
Also I am a vet, and if the va can not provide a needed service then they send to civilian... and of course I say send me to penn medicine and get the needed treatment.

This starting T stuff is a bit unnerving for me, it’s weird I am looking forward to greater hair growth on face, I already have a deep voice, but for 40 years have thrown the voice higher to more easily be acknowledged as female... I really got tired of being met by police outside the ladies room doors.

Well in 2 hours I get T, for so many years I have waited for this...wanted it, now I am in the Countdown and honestly have no idea if I am going to go thru with it and get the first shot and the rx. Guess I will know when I know... dean
Hi, Dean.
I hope you are comfortable with whatever decision you made today.
I don’t live in PA but I live near the area. I am curious to know who your top surgeon is. Since you mentioned a male being an “asshole”, I am going to assume you saw Dr Leis. He is a misogynistic jerk, yet does fine work. The thing about him though, is that he has no idea. And supposedly all of the women who go to him find him to be very kind and caring.
I work in the trans health care field and have worked with all the major insurance companies. I am also very involved with the trans community nationally. This the first time I have heard of an insurance company paying for voice therapy for a FTM billed under a “Gender Dysphoria” diagnosis. I know of one person who had it approved under “hoarseness”, because he is a teacher. I have only known of one company who has paid for voice therapy for a female under Gender DyphoriA
Are you sure they are using the ICD-10 code for Gender Dysphoria (F64.1) for your voice therapy? You mentioned Obamacare, so I assume this is your insurance. Who is the
carrier? Or is the voice therapy under TriCare?

Would you mind asking your voice therapist what code they are using to bill? I interface with a lot of trans people and it would be helpful. Insurance companies are still not following WPATH standards and voice therapy is so very important for many MTF individuals.
Thank you for your help.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: