Old 09-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

I just got off of midnights (after being on them for 2 years) in May. I work in a big university hospital in the ER. Now a days I either work 11am-7pm OR 7a-3p.

I totally understand the depression and the weight gain. I absolutely LOVED 99% of the people who I worked with on midnights but I was no where near as happy as I am now, and when I'm unhappy I gain weight. Another thing, I found (after I moved to day shift), is that I really love to sleep in the dark!

the night shift warned me that i'd hate the "day bitches"...i told them I've always been a day bitch in my heart...I love the people on days well...99% of them anyway! LOL!!

Nights is a hard shift for your body and your mind and let's not forget while all our friends are partying, we're at work. we sleep alone unless we're lucky enough to be involved with someone on the same shift...It can be a damned lonely shift! Personally..I think it's a shitty shift..I feel like a 1000 lbs weight has been lifted off of me since I moved to days.

One of the things that I loved on midnights was the comrodery..working midnights is like being in a special club!

skeet

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post: