View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 04:56 PM   #236
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
A woman in New Orleans ventured out and and slid into a ditch, with her kid in the car. Rescuers jumped in and got them out, but they are in critical condition.

Why can’t people just STAY HOME when they advise to! ?
That's sad. I hope they'll be ok.
Most people are afraid they'll lose their jobs when their employers make them report to work or make them feel like they are easy to replace...many employers don't close or care about their employees' safety during a State of Emergency. I've worked for places like Blue Cross or a warehouse that told us if we didn't show up for our shift, we wouldn't have a job tomorrow. These companies are famous for not closing during bad storms.

YEARS ago, I got fired from Merillat Cabinet factory the day after I totaled my car in a blizzard at 10pm on the way to drop my son off at his baby sitter so I could report to night shift. I NEEDED that job and they had a Zero tolerance policy for call offs.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: