Old 01-18-2018, 06:30 AM   #244
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
True. But when there's a State of Emergency all companies should pay "admin time" like when I worked for one company that did pay us for any time they sent us home or closed.
Absolutely but companies get out of it when a state of emergency is not in effect by saying 'if you feel comfortable to do so', come in. That way, they take liability off of the table. They don't have to pay and they don't get any feedback if something happens while on the way to work due to the weather conditions. My company is like this and if I can't stay due to the weather, I have to take from my time bank.

We didn't get a lot of snow yesterday but then the misty rain made it all slushy and what didn't melt, froze, so there's a ton of ice out there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: