Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Doing a little "best life" project for myself over the next few weeks.
I've been feeling tired and a little disconnected from my sparkle for the past month or so and I realized it's because I'm not taking care of myself in the way I really want to.

I'm still doing my long, scalding baths and random beauty treatments but I want to do more enriching things too so here is what I'm focusing on to throw a little gas back on my fire:

* Learning a couple of new recipes that feel decadent and interesting!

-I have accomplished one already and made a super delicious pesto alfredo sauce over wheat pasta with some huge pan-seared shrimp. It was SO easy but not something I ever eat at home so it felt really sparkly to treat myself.

* Reading an actual book in the tub or before bed instead of playing on my phone.
- I started "Autobiography of a Geisha" by Masuda last night during a long soak in the tub. And you know what? I've missed holding a book. I used to read a couple of paper books a week while also having an audiobook for the car or house-cleaning and somewhere it dwindled to audiobooks only and I'm only able to get through one about every 10 days now. So, no more of that because my brain is starving for stories.

* Wearing the "cute" clothes more often.

- I have a lot of super cute clothes and accessories that I really love but in the past month I've been going to work in my trusty jeans and tennis shoes without a lot of to accessories or being extra cute. And I don't dress for other people, it's for me...so it's important to get back to my pencil skirts and heels for work because that's what makes me feel extra cute.

* Moving my body consistently again.
- I have a goal to lose another 20 pounds and I need to move my body to do that. I am committing to getting my 10k steps or more per day and doing yoga on a more regular basis.

* Making more time for creativity.
- One of my favorite things in the world is to brew up some delicious tea in my very cute Japanese Tesubin cast iron pot and treat myself to some time with hot tea, good music, and writing. More of that is needed. For sure.

* Time outside
- This seems like an easy one since I want to get more exercise but I've been walking indoors mostly and I'd like to change that to more fresh-air environments. Hell, I'd be happy just to go sit at the park with my headphones and my "Ideas that will change my world" journal (yes, I really have one)

* Continuing to cut loose of the things that no longer serve me.
- I have gotten rid of an enormous amount of clothing, books, household ephemera, and even furniture over the last couple of years. I am not a minimalist by any means but I do see things around here that need to go live elsewhere. I want to open my close and see only things I really love. I want to walk through my rooms and see only things I love or use regularly. Let it be so.

Mostly, I want the most plugged-in version of my life that doesnt involve stressful lists of "one day" or moments where I wish I was doing something different.
I still feel super fiery and sparkly because I have SO MUCH happiness going on that I can barely keep from exploding so this is about streamlining and taking it to the next level.
I'm ready to slay it all.

Now for a little inspiration music:

OMG. I'm totally that person quoting themselves right now.

So, just to report back on my little listy-loo of "Angie is fanning the flames on her groove", I have been doing the things!

Made something delicious tonight that I haven't made before and it is DEFINITELY going into the permanent rotation!

I'm also working on reading not one, but TWO, paper books in the tub and in bed and wherever else it strikes my fancy.

AND, I totally dressed super cute at work every day this week. I busted out a couple of my favorite pencil skirts and dusted off the very high, very pointing heels and rocked that shit out (and felt super sassy doing it)

I'm still donating and decluttering and have someone coming to pick up a large-ish piece of furniture this coming week.

Still need to get my body movement up a little more but I'm feeling my groove again and it feels amazing!!
This was a good reminder to myself that sometimes we need to light our own pilot lights again.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: