genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

When I got this 1-bedroom apartment almost 2 years ago, it was my first time living on my own without family, friends or a partner. It was going to be my femmecave, for sure.

I started with my bed, nightstand, dresser, 1950s green recliner from my great-grandmother, an exercise ball, my bookcase and books, my clothes and kitchenware. Through donations from my godmothers, Kijiji, careful shopping and some help from friends, I've fleshed out this place into a shabby chic haven.

I have paper bunting made from vintage books, ribbon and washi tape on the walls. I have a batik scarf framing a print. I have a pinup girls calendar over the fuse panel in the kitchen. I have random posters all over. I have vintage hats on top of my television. I have a 1940s gramophone cabinet which I still try, in vain, to fix. I have my bass either propped up in a corner or lying on the rug after a sweaty, hand-blistery practice session. It is MARVELLOUS.

But now M has moved in. Hy brought no furniture whatsoever, but we had to play closet Tetris to get hys storage stuff in. There is now a bit more laundry (hy's a city bus driver, so all hy wears is uniforms, whereas I am a clothes pig.) I had to get a shoe rack. All minimal changes. Besides... hy brought a Wii.

And despite the overwhelming girliness of the place, I can still walk in after an errand and barely notice hym lying on the couch with a device or book - hy blends in nicely. Maybe the finishing touch on my femmecave was a guy?

genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post: