View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 11:17 AM   #135
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my boo bear.

Thanked 32,044 Times in 9,967 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Country House Rescue (New All-Time Favorite)

Lately, I've been gaga over TV shows from the BBC (ie, House Restoration, Country House Rescue) and the TV show that I think used to be on OPB -- This Old House, type shows.

But self-made business woman Ruth Watson is always on an mission to help people fully realize their dreams by finding ways for home owners to generate legitimate revenue to support their endeavors to preserve homes that have historical significance to their community, etc.

Take this episode about the Jacobean 'house' that owner Cornelia has worked on by herself for over 25 years, at the time this docu-series type show was filmed. It's very interesting and Ruth Watson is an genius at coming up with feasible solutions to help save these types of architectural wonders.

I'm not British nor have I always had access to watching these types of shows, but I just love shows that teach you about the history of the building, the history of the original owners, and provides insight into the lives of the people who have invested time and energy to preserve homes that are in dire need of repair and restoration.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: