View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 10:23 AM   #1227
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Stole this image from Homoe in another thread—thanks (maybe it's already been posted)

Wringer Washer

I used one in the early 70s when I was in high school. Had to rinse each load three times so had to fill up the washer 4 times (to wash once, to rinse three times) for every load. Yes, it was better than having to wash clothes at the river, but it was laborious. I would sometimes add a drop or two of blue coloring to brighten my white clothes. Haven't done that in years.
Ours was exactly like this too!

My mother had a bit of a different set up in our bathroom tho! She'd have a chair on the other side of the wringer and that chair held a wash tub of clear water on the seat part where she's toss in the clothes after the washing and wringing. If you remember the wringer part would move if you released the lock. She then hand swished the clothes in the clear water, wring them of the excess water thru the wringer again and toss the clothes into a wooden laundry basket to be take out to hang on the clothes lines.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: