laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Public Displays of Affection (PDA)

I have a question...

Let me start with some background.
I am a very affectionate person, I like to touch, hold hands, caress, kiss and I never think about where I am or who might be around. My girlfriend is like that at home but not in public. She is getting used to holding my hand, maybe a quick kiss if she thinks no one is around.

Last night we were at a street festival with another couple and we walked up holding hands and the first comment out of the butches mouth was "whoa no PDA". So, me being me I had to crawl all over my girlfriend and kiss her everywhere. The butch got mad and walked away, my girlfriend just laughed and asked why I have to piss everyone off.

Through out the evening my girlfriend and I held hands off and on but the other couple never did, never touched, you would never even know they were a couple. They had their son with them, and they both were very affectionate to him, but not each other.

Later I asked my girlfriend about it, and we had discussed it before. She says as butches they are the ones that will get beaten up, they are the ones that get the attitude. She doesn't like to make people feel uncomfortable so she doesn't like to be in their face with it. I said that if more lesbian/gay couples showed PDA that it would become more acceptable, not such a shock to the poor little hetro's lives.

So... my question(s) is, do butches think this is true, is it more dangerous for you to show PDA? and is it more common for femmes to want to be publicly affectionate?

How do you identify and what are your thoughts on PDA?

I never really think about it because I am an affectionate person. I am not sure if that has to do with how I identify or not, but because I have not ever personally had an issue, I haven't had to worry about it.

Thoughts...
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post: