Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Excellent topic and a lot to think about. I am a femme and I like PDA's-tastefully done of course. I am a lady and will be treated as such, so no distasteful groping and tongue swapping like a couple of sex crazed maniacs, but I love holding hands, kissing hello and goodbye, walking with a hand on the small of a back, etc.

I do agree to some extent about the butches being called out more often than the femmes and treated differently when it comes down to it. Being raised in the Bible belt of the south, especially in my day, it was a big taboo for PDA's for heterosexuals, let alone to be gay.

We have all heard and read the stories about what happened to our butch brothers and fore-fathers back in the day. I applaud them for standing their ground and not backing down even through the beatings and humiliation. I am sure they dreamed of the day of dressing they way they wanted and not having to be accosted by police.

I am a femme that will not back down to someone else who doesn't like seeing me with my partner or family in public. I have been told too many times I am "too hard headed" to just bite my tongue. I won't be bullied...period. I am thankful to be living in the times I am in now, but I am also old enough to remember the days of persecution and fear. I hope one day we will be totally accepted. Until then, I will continue to fight for equal rights and treatment.