How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
My digestive system. There is a limit to how much roughage and raw foods I can eat. It's really not much at all. I can have one large salad as a meal and be okay, but any more in the same day and I will not be able to digest it. I can have small servings about 3-4 times, and then I will not be able to digest. What do I eat to get my system under control again? Pizza. Canned soup. PB & J. Ice cream. Cheeseburgers. Highly processed foods straighten out my system and keep it operating efficiently, against all conventional good advice. I'm sure I did this to myself by eating too many highly processed foods in the first place.
This is really interesting to me because that's what happens to me. I cannot eat too much raw vegetables even cooked has it's limits. I love broccoli especially raw broccoli, it's my fav with hummus, but raw is particularly problematic. I can get away with a little cooked but not like I used to eat it. I wouldn't blame yourself because processed food was not on my menu much for years. I was a vegetarian in my younger days and grazed all day long. I love almost every kind of vegetable, although I only like raw spinach and don't care for beets. I am a huge fan of beans, seeds and nuts. Now they are an issue if I eat too many. I can't have the huge salads I love with all kinds of veggies and chick peas and/or beans added with seeds and nuts sprinkled in for fun. I told my doctor my stomach likes processed food now and hates veggies and she just rolled her eyes. It sucks but I have to be very careful. Half the time I eat my hummus with pita or crackers and leave out any vegetable but raw carrots. They seem to work okay most of the time. It's frustrating not to be able to eat the foods you love in the quantities you are used to. I even have to be careful with peanut butter. But ice cream is not an issue at all, ever, and I suppose that's something. It's good to know it's not just me though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: