Old 11-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

First, thank you, dear bonne, for including me & my kind in the mix (ladypeople). I feel so...accepted. *sniff*

Next, "fromance" is absolutely ridiculous. Which is why I like it. We all have our femme crushes. It's how we express that little extra affection to those that we adore/relate to/respect/admire/think are smart/etc.

And they're different than our friendships with straight girlfriends because we share the experience of being queer femmes. (Provided this is how we choose to identify.)

The difficulties and quirks are no different than with any friendships, I think. They are as specific to the friendship as the individuals. All friendships bear their share of struggles sometimes. Some flounder, some fail. Most, thankfully, last and grow with time. Our shared experiences forge a stronger bond between us.

So, I'm all for fromances. Poly-fromances. We should have them as often and as much as possible.
evolveme is offline   Reply With Quote