How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

After coming out of a LDR & it was a pretty long LDR Usa to Australia, I like to believe I have learnt a lot about dating online & face to face & I try to keep my mind open to the possibilities of it again, however I do question things a lot more then I ever have before if I am consider the entire LDR thing again...

I hold no regrets meeting my ex online, but it was a difficult journey & it was a full commitment required to making the process a successful one, considering the distance we were both very cautious & we took it very slowly, we were consistently on skype IE: the only time we were not connected was when we were at work or out shopping etc etc.....We even had date nights via video & watched movies together via video etc, shared our lives with our real life friends etc.... (Yes it was all a little crazy) lol

We did this online dating for 8 months prior to meeting & in that time I mentally got to know her quite well, including all the ups & downs of her personalities etc & it's pretty hard to hide the disguise of your flaws when you are consistently connected via video & voice 24 hours a day 7 days a week just as you would be in real life...

Naturally the physical side was the only thing I found that was missing from the equation for that 8 months.... At least that's my experience of it all...

Even though after 6 years living together & huge sacrifices were made from both sides of the scale it never worked out, but it was not something we took lightly......

I wouldn't have changed the experience & it has not left a sour taste in my mouth to not considering finding love that way again...

With that said, I find it's just as easy to date in real life & go through the same roller coaster of emotions & the getting to know each others perks & quirks dance be it good or bad..... I think it just all comes down to balances & what we are willing to accept or not accept in our lives, we all have our own personal desires that are our "Comfort Zones" ....

The only upside of dating face to face is the physical contact least that's my personal experience of it all...
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post: