Old 04-25-2018, 05:54 AM   #234
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
I love my kids, my 30 yr old daughter picked me up we went to the endocrin, by the time we got there her and I were laughing and joking so much I was calm and ready. So I got my first T shot.... a tiny amount... but a shot. I handed them the papers that instructed male pronouns and name to call me tho they can change my name on records they will Call me the name
After that daughter took me for a haircut and then returned in time for the T DAY PARTY. 😀😀😀

Hey Dapper,
The first plastic surgeon I saw was Joshua do’s not, penn med, very excellent surgeon but a bit of an asshole egotist. And just a real condescending jerk; so after I left the appt I talked to a few docs and got a referral to Dr Au another fine plastic reconstruction surgeon at penn med who has a good amount of sensitivity, trans experience, and I trust him. The speech therapist office I am going to is penn medicine on at the good shepherd location, it took my choice person 2 weeks to find a qualified person. Actually I asked my VA PRIMARY DOC and Va psych person who did my trans psych profile for a speech referral and I cited about 20 different reasons as to why it was necessary. So the VA said yes but since they don’t have a qualified spec they gave me vet choice I said penn med... so then the va makes aptmt with the civilian doc and they pay the costs. Penn med is great for vets and all docs under penn med accept the vet choice payment schedule
I have my speech aptmt may 4 so can give u more info after that. That worth standards book has great info and I quote from it frequently... if u private msg me I will try to find a copy of my notes and justifications I used to get the referral. And what to emphasize. Passing with appropriate voice is major important due to rest rooms and the danger associated ...
ok so dapper I just looked in mirror and my chin hair growth hasn’t increased..... 🙃🙃🙃 damn wanted to start waxing my beard ( joke, I know it will take a bit, my kids have a pool going as to when the beard and mustache is visible from 10 feet away)
Dean, I am glad things went well with your shot and that you have a supportive family. What dose did they put you on?

You might want to consider going with a trans surgeon for your surgery. I would strongly suggest this. There are two surgeries in your area that have surely done well over 100 surgeries. I can't suggest this strongly enough.

Your two options of trans surgeons in the Philadelphia area that take insurance are Dr. Kathryn Rumer and Dr. Leis. Most prefer Dr. Rumer. She also does well with larger guys. You can see pictures of both of their work at transbucket.org. You might want to visit topsurgery.net. You can also visit their websites. I have seen two many guys go to surgeons who have some experience and have poor surgeries, only to seek out actual trans surgeons to revise their surgeries.

Since you go through the VA I assume the insurance you are using is Tricare. Is this correct? Is Tricare your primary insurance and Obamacare (the health care marketplace), is your secondary that picks up the copay?

If so, Tricare would have been the insurance to authorize voice therapy, and again, that would be useful to know. Trans people have attempted to justify voice therapy for years and it has never come to fruition. I am wondering if the key is your insurance. I don't know anyone who tried to get voice therapy paid for under Tricare. Thanks and congrats.

Oh, and 10 feet away may take a bit of time! lol

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: