Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Daily OM

Is your mind free? Are you able to make the best of every situation, or at least see the best if the situation is out of your control? Or do circumstances determine how you feel, how you react, and how you see yourself?

Part of the purpose of our life experiences, I'm certain, is to help us to learn to be independent of circumstances. Yes, things happen, and many bad things happen to us and to those we love. But when we finally reach a point at which our own peace of mind or our own self-esteem aren't affected by what happens to and around us, then we are close to becoming the people we were meant to be. When we constantly react to situations, the person that other people see is depending on the circumstances to define him or herself. We should be able to define ourselves on our own terms, not on the terms of circumstance or coincidence.

Yes, it is difficult. It takes focus and effort to learn from events rather than to let them define us. It takes courage and commitment to devote ourselves to our principles that will allow us to live freely and lovingly, and to maintain that devotion even in the face of diversity.

Life flows, life moves, life changes. Part of our task while we're here on earth is to establish ourselves as islands in the stream, islands that will stand strong no matter what the weather, islands that will withstand the torrents of any kind of weather, living a life of principles that will keep us strong no matter what life is sending by us or to us.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post: