Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
she gets me ..

Thanked 21,374 Times in 6,724 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Speaking of simple, I watched a youtube called "the low class vegan" that I liked a lot. It was vegan "recipes" you might be embarrassed to serve as a meal but which are actually quite good but involve minimal prep and two or three ingredients. I guess I trend in that direction...
this fried rice is quite good and hits the spot!

Shiitake Fried Rice
prep 5 mins- cook 15 mins- total 20 mins

yield 2 1/2 cups

Delicious vegan shiitake fried rice recipe.

Ingredients
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1/2 inch ginger, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 onion, chopped + 1/2 c chopped green onion-save 1 Tbsp green onion for garnish]
1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms (fresh or dried)
1 tablespoon lite soy sauce + 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar + 1 tsp vegan oyster sauce
Salt + pepper + paprika, to taste
1 tsp. sesame oil (for finishing)
1/4 cup vegetable broth, optional (if you don't like a dry fried rice)
2 1/2 cups leftover cooked rice
Freshly chopped parsley or cilantro
Toasted sesame seeds
Sriracha or Tabasco
Instructions
For dried mushrooms, add the shrooms to a bowl and add 2 cups water. Let it sit for 20 minutes. Drain and slice into pieces. Set aside.
For fresh mushrooms, simply rinse and slice into pieces. Set aside.
Heat a pan over low-medium heat. Add canola oil.
Once it's hot, add ginger + garlic + onion. Stir and saute until the onions are translucent.
Add the sliced mushrooms. Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes over the same low-medium heat.
Add soy sauce, vinegar, vegan oyster sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, and vegetable broth (if using). Stir and cook for 2 minutes (4-5 minutes if you're using veggie broth).
Next, add the cooked rice and mix well.
Transfer to a serving bowl, dash of Tabasco, dash sesame oil, garnish with freshly chopped parsley/cilantro/green onion + toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Notes
*Addtional options for added flavor
Add 1/4 cup veggie broth(if you prefer) more moisture. You can use cooled cooked rice or leftover rice . Takes less then 20 minutes to prep & throw in pan. Serve with a tropical fruit compote. Nice, hot or cold. Serves 2

[adapted from One Green Planet]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: