Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Online conversations have sometimes been a challenge for me. I'm often a visual person and picking up facial/body clues from others often helped me determine if something I said was wrong, funny or misunderstood. So how do we resolve this challenge between "the reader" and "the poster" when things truly go awry?

Thoughts? Opinions? Rants? ?
So many lessons learned ! And I'm still learning. I too am visual !

I have limited my knee-jerk reactions and have tried to be much more deliberate in my answers...and I use exclamation points and smilies to try to convey an image of lightheartedness. But I was truly surprised to learn, from a dear friend, that I have a snarky rep(or at the least a snarky sense of humor) online !!! I gathered that the abruptness of my posts, or perhaps a dry sense of humor would garner that impression.

I try to operate from a "me" place...how I feel and what Ithink so that my opinions aren't projected onto a poster that provoked a thought or a desire to share an experience.

But I am also at the ready to apologize if I feel I've offended anyone. And because it can go sideways in a matter of a post or two..I try to be on top of a conversation that I've engaged in and I try to be objective and not subjective over my emotional responses to some subjects.

Also, sometimes my work hours are daunting and I'm away from the computer - which I'm afraid lends to an air of inaccessability..when in actuality it is my career obligation that has taken precedence over my ability to remain in a conversation.

So, with all this in mind, I try to be kind and I want to be supportive in my responses. Rather than inflammatory and overtly opinionated...

I love the wide array of smilies that we can chose from!
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post: