julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Sweet&Content: very interesting. Did you ever figure out why some thought you were ordering them around (that is, what the cause was)?

Boots13: I agree about the me-place. I'm curious if you've written from the me-place and whether others took it to be a general statement (it's an odd thing I've noticed that happens more online). How do you identify that your opinion should be interpreted as just yours and not speaking for others? Do you explicitly say that?

This is something I'm very familar with. It's, I believe, a side-effect of our information age and the speed up of getting response NOW (NOW! NOW! NOW! ) With the advent of social networking mechanisms, like twitter, I believe this is accelerating the desire for instantaneous response to a query or post. Almost as if life is only online and not anywhere else. (am I understanding this the same way?)

juliaisafemme: that is a challenge. And then, if I can guess, you wonder whether others are true as the person they are or is it a face? (We all have various faces we show -- different towards friends, family, lovers, etc.) Personally, I am the same in person as I am online (I have no concept of how to hide myself; must be the naive Canadian in me )

Why do you dislike snark? What is it that turns you off? Do you feel the same way about sarcasm or dry humor?

And ya. We left the edit option to unlimited. Since the system records when someone makes a change, it's pretty obvious. We kinda also believe y'all are adults.
Well I had thought I was the same person too! Apparently I am not. I think it is more that we share certain aspects of ourselves and not others. It is easier here to be your best self. It is a very public persona but also allows for intimate disclosures that create an image of transparency or a sense of knowing someone that is not entirely real. Like someone posted about the person with the blog who was shocked when it seemed like people knew him.

Snark to me is lazy. It seems sometimes people are more interested in writing something clever and zingy then in contributing to a conversation. It feels mean spirited. Sarcasm can be ok and dry humor is the best. But all three are very different things to me.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post: