View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
In response to the question about one's perceptions based on another's avatar, I'd say that I do do that. Our avatars are a way to express ourselves. Now, some don't have paid memberships and so, are limited in their avi options, but still....we choose what suits us best out of the options we have.

So, if someone puts up an ominous looking one (and if I haven't had any communication with them to suggest otherwise), I'm going to assume that that person is not necessarily morbid or pessimistic or has a tiny black heart but I will deduce that s/he is not the bright, light, fluffy type. Sometimes what we don't see tells us more than what we do see.
I agree... avatars and signature lines sometimes give me a feeling of "should I or shouldn't I address this person?" I don't mean anything negative or disrespectful by that... It's just if I see a really "dark" or "brooding" avi or signature picture/quote, I will avoid conversing with that person until I know more about them.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote