How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Snap! View Post
I have a ceramic pumpkin I have had for about 25 years I may dig out of my junk anc put out. It's about a foot in diameter and lights up. I got it at a department store that used to me in New England called Ames that went out of business.
We WILL go do a haunted house or two. A party this year is iffy, chefhmboyrd and I don't have the room to host one so it depends if any of our friends do. Halloween falls mid-week this year so it's going to leave just one weekend open for parties.

I just can't get into Halloween as much as I used to when I lived in New Hampshire. I grew up in Massachusetts, and trick-or-treat time was chilly weather and colorful (with foliage), shorter days, and hay rides in apple orchards. Maple syrup, the glimpse of a big old oak tree just blazing with color, trying not to drive off the road because it is all so beautiful and I am looking more at the trees than the road.

I get a certain mindset I can only experience when I am waking through the woods in New England. Tennessee woods are not the same, and it doesn't feel the same. When the trees start dropping their leaves and I catch a glimpse of the moon through bare tree branches, I might can go there for a moment. Then I get homesick.
It has been a long hot summer here, I won't be happy until I wake up and there is a frost covering everything.
I also am from Massachusetts (AND I remember Ames!) and I spent time down south. I agree that fall (and winter) are just not the same there. New England really has the full spectrum of the seasons....and I love it here for that reason. And what you said about the trees is especially true right now. I was driving to work today craning my neck to see this tree or that....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post: