View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #19891
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

If The Political Has Suddenly Gotten Very Personal, Therapist Harriet Lerner, Ph.D, Has Advice To Keep You Sane (sub-title of article from Oprah's Spring issue on Family Communication Issues).

Article Excerpt:

"Try putting on your Anthropologist's hat and viewing your difficult family as an interesting culture. Observe everything, even your own behavior. What sets you off? What happens if you respond differently? When tree-hugging Aunt Debbie starts hammering you again for not switching to hemp tampons, try using humor instead of leaving in a huff or getting hooked into a fight. Aunt Debbie will never change, but that's not the point. The goal is to bring your best self to your relationships, even when the other is being an jerk. That's the kind of human being you want to be" -- Dr. Harriet Lerner, PhD.

From Oprah's magazine this past spring (May 2018, Vol. 19, No. 5, page 121).
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: