Old 08-13-2018, 05:41 AM   #3981
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I arrived at the gym about 7 and saw the perfect mother blowdrying her hair. She's a pharmaceuticals consultant, and so I asked her a question about the generic of my anti-depressant. She was very nice and helpful about it. Then we ended up talking for a long time. She said that she and a friend are going to be running an experimental skype class on her philosophy of life. She did not phrase it that way but told me she has a "heavy spiritual practice" that has cured her of multiple ills (an eating disorder, an alcohol problem, and I guess whatever else). And now she's presumably perfect (I say that not literally.). I was intrigued and said I'd consider it. I tend to start and then drop out of stuff like that, so I felt reticent to get in a weird gym relationship, one that could get awkward, with someone I see so often. At the same time, she does have a glow about her. I told BB when i got home, and BB said, "I think you have enough of a glow. I don't know that I want you glowing too much more." Teehee. I think BB is skeptical.

After we spent all this time talking, I worked out by doing 30 minutes on the stairmaster while continuing with the Netflix show, Afflicted (doc series on chronically ill folks). Then I did 30 minutes on the weight floor.

My elderly pal, Miriam, was in the locker room both when I arrived and when I left. She said, "I'm so lazy today." I asked her what she'd done here (at the gym), and she said with a smile, "I washed my hair." She's a cutie.

Happy exercising, friends! Hmmm... To take the class in order to be perfect or to remain imperfect. That is always the question.
That's a lot of pressure to put on one online class/presentation. lol

I agree with BB in that you are perfectly glowy now but if your interest is piqued, I would tell her that you would love to support her but cannot commit to it long term once the school year gets underway.

I will likely do manual labor today but no structured workouts. I did vacuum the whole house before bed last night, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: