View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Netflix has some great documentaries, go ahead and share them!

I really enjoyed Ghengis Blues, the story of a blind blues musician's journey to Tuva to compete in a national throat singing competition.
Thank you Liam.

I REALLY seriously enjoyed "Wild China" (it has six episodes). I love all things travel related, wanted to be a geographer, geologist, biologist, oceanographer and/or archeologist - and pilot biplanes too! - when I was younger (and not so wrapped up in raising a family). I still have a passion for our diverse planet and learning about different cultures. This documentary about China had STUNNING photography, was very well written & edited and was very detailed about the various cultures, natural habitats and the history of China. The political turmoil in China prevents many authors/producers of documentaries from sharing various things with the outside world (no offense intended to anyone with Asian Heritage...but from what I've been told, the Chinese Government censors very heavily). Considering that, I was extremely impressed with this series on China.

My sister speaks several languages fluently... Chinese being her most current... while taking linguistics classes, she also acquired a History Major. I found many things in this series to strike up conversations with her about...on common grounds. Not just your regular small talk...

This documentary gave me a new respect for the heritage, culture and history of all the ethnic groups mentioned in "Wild China".
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: