View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #12
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
How long did it take for your neck to stop growing after you started T?

I went out about a month ago and bought new dress shirts because my old ones were too tight in my shoulders/arms due to muscle growth.

I was going to be wearing ties for the first time to work and so I made sure the top button was comfortable when closed.

Well, a month later when I went to put on a tie, the shirts were already too tight around my neck, so I can't button the top button.

How much larger did your neck size get after you went on T? I don't know if I should buy new shirts to fit my current neck size, or go up an extra 1/2 inch beyond what would be comfortable now in case it keeps getting bigger.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Pre-T I wore 15s, and now I wear 16 1/2s. I don't know how long it took for it to settle at that number though. My suggestion is to buy shirts that you will also wear as an open collar "dress" shirt. I have quite a few 16s that I can't wear with a tie, but I'm still able to wear them with an open collar.