View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 01:11 PM   #20
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
When I looked for "collar spreaders", it did make me chuckle. Some googling sent me to the right place.

I ordered some metal extenders (in fact the same ones Liam posted, but I got 5 on amazon for less $), and then thought it best to throw in a few pants extenders!

Oh the joy of being newly on T!

Has anyone tried the metal versus plastic ones? The metal ones look kind of thick, but I got them anyway.

Thanks again for your help, guys.
I SO KNEW that was wrong when I posted it - but rushed right in anyway. Good for a funny, although I don't see why we all shouldn't order both!!

Dapper, I've tried both the metal and plastic. Frankly, I found the plastic ones I bought easier to use and didn't think about them throughout the day. I had two different brands, not knowing which would show up in time for the job interview. Each plastic brand has a little "give", just enough to get around each top button with ease. The metal were of course more stiff, and with no other consideration, nicer. But they're meant to remain unseen behind the tie, so no matter how much I liked the idea of the stainless steel, they just didn't work as well. I gauge this review largely by the degree of homicidal feelings toward the dude in the mirror while struggling with buttons never meant to be wrangled with by grown men. So, the plastic wins for ease of use, staying hidden well, and having several on hand afford-ably for emergency use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post: