View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #26
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I feel the same way about Reiki but the way my Master/Teacher explained it, it's important to charge at least something for it, even if it's a type of barter, since all healing professionals charge for their services and to not do it would mean being overwhelmed by requests to give so much for your time for nothing in return. It's a noble thought but unfortunately, does not translate into our monetary society. I wouldn't refuse somebody who couldn't afford it, however. I'd always find a way to work something out.
I was taught that without the exchange of money or some other token, the exchange of energy between the one giving Reiki and the one receiving it will be rendered less effective/incomplete.

When I was still treating and teaching on a regular basis, I started a group, which mainly consisted of others involved in various forms of healing, the idea originally being that we'd get together on a regular basis for a chat and some moral support. None of us were making a great deal of money and it soon became clear that although most of us were in need of some healing of our own, in the majority of cases, we simply couldn't afford it. It was then that I came up with the idea of 'paying' for treatments using a token system - I give you a Reiki session, you give me a token for a Reflexogy session, that kind of thing - and it proved very popular. So although money rarely changed hands, I felt I was fulfilling the requirement to 'charge' for the Reiki sessions and take care of my own well being as a practioner.

I really miss those days. They were great.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post: