View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 11:40 AM   #129
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'll be home in the femme cave on my own. Will watch holiday shows, talk to family on the phone, fret over the move.

Am thinking of making this mushroom pie for the first time:

But may end up making Turkey wings and gravy, with cornbread dressing, and a green veggie. Haven't decided.

Throughout the day I will count my blessings, miss my family, and enjoy my last warm November in this femme cave.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving week.

I LOVE MUSHROOM PIE. Oh my. Enjoy it!

Hopefully Thanksgiving will involve Daddy, me, and my daughter. If none of us get put on quarantine between now and then. We will zoom with my parents and sister in law and nephews at some point. Over the next day or two I'm going to make some of the traditional dishes that I always make for Thanksgiving and leave them on doorsteps for my parents and Sister in law. (wearing a mask and gloves while cooking) I will make my mom fudge bars that she loves and my Grandma's corn spoon bread that we all love. For my sister in law and my parents I will make a dish that I have made almost every year since I realized it got my brother to eat Brussels Sprouts (Sorry cover your eyes for a minute Gemme) I roast them with fresh cranberries and top with a confetti of crumbled bacon and roasted pecans. My brother loved them. I couldn't get myself to make them last year without him here to eat them but I'll try for this year. For my nephews, I will drop them off a vat of my pasta that they love so much. It's very simple but they lose their minds for it.

At home we are planning a simple fish dinner. My daughter is baking bread, Daddy wants to get big lobster tails, and I will make some vegetable sides.

I hope everyone stays safe this year, though it can feel lonely.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: