Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,004 Times in 9,946 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mayer Hillman on some very Inconvenient Climate Change Truths

Mayer Hillman is the Senior Policy Emeritus expert who has served at The Policy Institute for over 60 years. Hillman was the leading voice on challenging all types of social policy in his prolific career as an social scientist.

The Guardian interviewed him recently and published the interview two days ago. Over his entire lifetime as an social scientist, he has lead valiantly the effort to address social policy impacts concerning the rapid effects leading to climate change and the "can't stop the crazy train" impacts of society dependent on burning fossil fuels.

As I read the article, I came to realize that maybe this is why the top legal eagle counsel for Lambda Legal (David Buckel, see Nat's post in the RIP thread) took such extreme measure in setting himself on fire (dying for the cause, literally) as a high impact statement on the prolific damage done to our planet by not committing sooner to ending social dependency on fossil fuels society burns in the name of creating jobs, in the name of convenience, in the name of removing human life from danger, yet not removing danger from humanity.

Here's the link to the most compelling article I've seen yet on climate change, and many of the reasons why society has been reluctant to aggressively adopt and utilize other means to prevent climate change.

It's an worthwhile read. I highly recommend reading the Mayer Hillman interview published by The Guardian on April 26th, 2018.

LINK:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm..._US_collection

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: