Old 07-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #144
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~
I've noticed a few posts about de-cluttering the Japanese style and I've even watched her TV show but do have a comment or two regarding it.

I wouldn't say I love or that my stapler brings me joy nor my tape dispenser, but regardless I do need them! I could go on and on with other examples but she's speaking more to personal effects I guess!
I think it may it hold true when you have many of the same items. Say 50 T shirts. Pick the ones that make you happy when you wear them, and let the surplus go.

IMHO
I also suspect there is a life lesson about "sparking joy". What I got from Marie Kondo is that we have many choices to make in life about belongings and life paths. She is teaching people to identify what brings them joy and encouraging them to do that. It's about creating happiness. Actually choosing happiness. I also think that there are cultural differences at play. Japanese are traditionally minimalists.

Anyway that was my take.
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post: