Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation
Default What do you feel "too old" for?

I was having a conversation with a younger friend, who because she is over (x) years old, believes she is too old for cuddle parties, getting a tattoo,travel, all kinds of things. I came right out and told her that I'm (x+never mind) years old, and blast my age, I'll be doing all those things and lots of other crazy stuff until I die. If you rest, you rust, I say.

I began to think that, except for dressing like my teenage daughter, I'm not really "too old" for much. I don't have the same social needs as a younger woman, and don't get a lot out of clubbing like a disco duck anymore, but it doesn't mean I would never go out dancing. If I made a great effort at getting into shape, I'd run marathons, but maybe flipping around in cartwheels isn't a great idea. I can't eat like I used to when I was younger, but that's a change I wanted to make anyway. But I can't offhand think of anything else.

Are there any activities that someone of (x+y) years is "too old" for, in your thoughts? How many of you have done something like bungee jumping or sky diving, or traveled to some far corner?