Old 03-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #70
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default every moment in history is unique

so any comparisons I make in this thread I make knowing full well that they are incomplete and inadequate. I post anyway.

Imagine the US in the early 1770's. Imagine being a revolutionary thinker like Thomas Payne. Imagine the courage it took to question the authority of the strongest military, the mightiest empire on the planet. It blows my mind that the signers of the Declaration of Independence were literally signing their own death warrants - if things had gone differently.

The courage and ACTION that is required today is no less (but no more) than what was required then. The sad thing is that the enemy today is within our midsts. I am very sad to say that my own blood relative brothers an sisters, while I would never expect them to spit on or yell derogatory remarks, get their information and encouragement from the same sources as those that do.

If I could have my way I would file our country for a no fault divorce. The divide that led to the civil war is still with us. It has just been festering underground. The only thing that has changed after the civil war is that on the surface, our better angels prevailed. Our lesser devils went underground. The house that was divided then, is still divided. I wish we could just split up once and for all. I do not regret that Lincoln kept the states together, because slavery (in America) ended (even that went "away" into far off lands, but still has not ended).

I would honestly like to start a secession party. For the good of all of us. This may be the one area where the sane and crazies among us can agree.

key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post: