View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #88
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Coping with the LDR is tricky. I am a wander. I can just move and add someone to my life a bit too easily. Which is how I ended up in NH and in a giant mess for a few months. However I got lucky. When it didn't work, I had my experienced past of making things work in a variety of places to rely on. I found a few wonderful friends out here to help out and even managed to fall in love again.

And thus begins another LDR. We are lucky our LDR is only 3.5 hours (depending on how fast I drive). And we can both visit each other (although we are heading to hym more often right now). The time apart is hard and drives me nuts. Yet this time it is spot on what we need. The nextfamily change needs to be slow. The LDR makes us take our time (even if it sucks).

So as the grown up I can cope with the LDR and as the lover I work extra hard and love hym more. For understanding we are worth the wait and that it really is right to wait another year. We'll have a long time under our relationship and family belt by the time one of us moves.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post: