Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Holidays are the worst when you are grieving. I know that last year it was a blurr. This year, we all are making a real concrete effort to make new traditions, and new rituals for JoAnn's 2 young boys. It is just a new reality for all of us. Sometimes you have to create a new reality because the loss is just so intense.

In my griefshare group, there was a young, single mother who lost her 12 yo daughter to some disease. I didn't know the entire story except that she was in the hospital for a very long time, and out of the blue she died unexpectedly. So, in order for the young, single mother to get thru the holidays, she and her parents go to Florida and spend Christmas laying out on the beach. No presents, no decorations, no Christmas tree is put up, just any sign of the holiday is ever even spoken about. For them as a family unit it just is how they can cope with the loss. The little girl just loved Christmas, and in turn, as a family they did everything possible to make Christmas special each year for her.
That is what I mean about changing reality.

I wish everyone peace. Holidays are hard. No comparison.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote