View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #37
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Every time I go back to Missiouri,
I visit my grandmothers grave..

I sit a spell with her and tell her everything that's going on.. If it's a nice day I might lean back and get some sun for her..

For me.. it's the deliberate act of going there and remembering her.. Not that I need to be any place special to remember her.. (I can close my eyes and see her hands, smell that smell of plug tabacco and oil of oly.. I can still feel what if feels like to be rocked in her arms..)

But for me.. It a deliberate act of.. I am going to take this time and it is stricky for grandma.. She used to love to sit outside and talk..

Sounds like you are going to do the same with her roses..

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
last year, my sister-in-law's oldest girl died of an accidental tylenol overdose at the age of 19. since we buried her, my sis-in-law goes regularly to the cemetery to visit. my brother tells me it seems to make her feel better, more at peace.

i did not attend my mother's visitation, memorial or burial. i have stopped at the cemetery once in the last two weeks.

so, here's my question:

do any of you visit the grave of your lost loved ones on a regular basis? if so, what do you get from that? if not, why not?