View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #19
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post

I would have voted for Biden with stars in my eyes the night he did that interview with Colbert where they discussed the loss of his son.
Some of the reason I have a soft spot for Biden may be that his son died of the same disease that killed my mother: glioblastoma. It's a horrible disease, almost 100% fatal. My mom lived a little longer than his son did. They both had the average trajectory of about a year and a half. Treatment, a few months of remission that give you hope, and the inevitable unbeatable recurrence. It's brutal. As I am sure you know, McCain also passed away from it. I feel something of a bond with people who've lost family members to it.