View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 11:25 PM   #2
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This sparked my interest although I'm not sure why.

I have never seen the show, and I was unaware of any controversy on the subject until just reading the linked article. I have not read any other points of view on the subject.

I have always viewed Drag, from way back when, as performance art. Along the lines of cabaret. Designed to subvert outward biology and the norms associated with it as a show of power, perversion, and yes, humor. Whether Queen or King. I view transgender as a deliberate life choice/need and not a performance. My opinion only, obviously.

It sounds most like a case of private ownership, Ru Paul owns a show designed for entertainment and can do whatever with it. Feelings get hurt in these highly charged topics, but there are always choices.

Anyone else can start their own show and set their own guidelines for participation, it sounds like there might be an audience for something broader spectrum now.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: