View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 09:34 PM   #9
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I had a housemate who had had FFS long before I knew her. She is a big woman with a deep voice. I don't think she takes hormones anymore although she had for years. She never wears makeup or dresses, and yet I think rarely gets identified by strangers as trans. She is out as trans. A mutual friend, not a close friend of hers, had no clue. My point is that FFS surgery is super effective at feminizing the face. If someone has had those procedures, it would make a drag competition unfair. But drag isn't all about looking feminine. It's also the attitude, the body language, clothes selection and so on. My former housemate wouldn't do well with some of that. I think she wore sweats out to dinner on her anniversary.