Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,004 Times in 9,946 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Platium Pearl! Thank you so much for this list!

Katzchen, have you also noticed an increase in energy since you went plant based?

I am wondering if anyone can suggest any vegan cookbooks? I am looking for easy to make meals that also freeze well.

Thanks
Ohhhh, gosh, yes..... the energy I get from eating plant based diet foods is incredible! So far, I've yet to experience any food coma from eating plants. Which is a sure fire sign that your body is getting the BEST nutrition because plants scrub your body free of toxic elements. No meat based diet will ever scrub your body free of toxicity. No more coma land for me, thank heavens.

I have to ask why you're interested in freezing up your fresh foods. Is it because you are short of time to prepare your food? Or is it because you want to take your meals to work or carry with you in case of needing to eat elsewhere?

I can see why a person might want to freeze prepared meals ahead of time, but I was thinking it might not be such an kosher idea because food prep should be fresh. Plants should be fresh. Your time spent in preparing a fresh meal adds toward the time spent to sit down and enjoy a fresh meal.

I don't know though..... maybe someone in our community has experience with freezing fresh foods. I know you did not ask for my own personal take on freezing foods, but consider this:

Fresh food is by far better than consuming food that is not fresh. Also, fresh food is time worthy investment of your time well spent in creating better food behaviors and making better smart food choices. You could prepare an extra salad to take to work with you. If you make some awesome food creation that has a few left over servings, like an vegan casserole or vegan pizza or vegan soup, I could see refrigerating it for a couple of days, but the benefits of eating fresh foods outweighs the need to freeze or refrigerate.

But I think this is an worthy discussion to have because it's an examination of sorts which requires us to hold ourselves accountable to making better choices, eating fresh foods vs foods that are not freshly made, and it's good to sort out important matters to help create and foster an environment that supports smarter food and health behaviors.

I have yet to buy the vegan cookbook I featured in another post, but tomorrow is the day I plan to go by Powell's bookstore, to see if I can find a good vegan cookbook, at an good price.

Dapper, let's keep talking about time related issues as it concerns Plant Food Diet choices.

If I find a bunch of resources for you tomorrow, I'll post about them, ok?

Cheers,
Kätzchen
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote