View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #12
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,987 Times in 9,938 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rainbow Chard Albacore Tuna Wrap

One of the things I've done to change my food choice behaviors is to severely limit my intake of bread (in general). To cultivate and expand my repertoire of making better choices, I now use large leaf plants to make an wrap or sandwich and substitute Sesame Tahini salad stick toppers to satisfy my craving for bread. However, I still sin regularly by having tiny slices (limited to one slice a day) of low carb, high protein artisan bread which has minimal sugar content, zero content if I can find bread without sugar.

Here's what I made for my lunch today. I made Rainbow Chard Albacore Tuna wrap's. I made four of them in advance. I had one today for my lunch, and I'll have the others as the days go by.

Ingredients:

4 washed leaves of Rainbow Chard
1 large tin of Albacore Tuna.
Mascarpone Italian Cream Cheese
Sesame Tahini Salad Stick toppers
Tumeric powder
Fresh Blackberries.
sea salt and cracked peppercorns.
Chopped Walnuts

Recipe directions:

1) wash and pat dry 4 leaves of Rainbow Chard. Cut the stems from the leaves, and save them to toss in with any vegetable soup you might make in the very near future or save the stems and chop them up to put in your garden salad.

2) Smear some of the Mascarpone cheese on to each single leaf of chard. Use an tbsp on each leaf. Spread it around the center of the leaf only because you will stack other items on top of the cheese.

3) sprinkle Tumeric powder on the cheese.

4) lay sections of the tuna on top, next. One large tin of Albacore Tuna divided up between four leaves of chard.

5) Use sesame tahini stick toppers and chopped walnuts and fresh blackberries to finish.

6) If you have an favorite salad dressing you use that is zero sugar and low fat, drizzle some of it over the contents of each leaf, lightly. ( I use my home made Tumeric salad dressing, which is made from tumeric powder, greek yogurt and coconut oil). Then dress the wraps lightly with sea salt, then crack pepper corns over it generously.

7) roll them up like you would when you make an burrito with an flour tortilla.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here's an Web link to explore the aspects of The Paleo Diet, for supplementary reading and for ideas on how to make better food choices:

https://thepaleodiet.com/

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This wrap is low carb, zero added sugar, high protein and is fairly tasty. I'd say it's flavor is more along the lines of an Mediterranean type flavor. Mild, zesty, tasty, and healthy. You can find other ideas for Chard Wraps by googling Paleo Food Recipes online.

Here's what my Rainbow Chard Albacore Tuna Wrap looks like (see picture below):

Bon Appétit!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: