View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 06:48 PM   #3179
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Couple of weeks ago I was flipping channels, stopped at the local PBS station right when Daniel G. Amen, MD was making the point that Psychology/Psychiatry was the only medical field where the physician doesn't exam the organ/structure that's causing the problem. For example, if you have a problem with digestive system... the Gastroenterologist will x-ray, CAT … etc... etc... scope your guts. Bone or joint issue... Orthopedists will x-ray, CAT, MRI... etc... etc... your bones. Psychologist/Psychiatrist still (for the most part) make their diagnosis and decide on treatment based on symptoms alone. I thought... yeah, that's true. I became intrigued and bought the book connected to the show...

Feel Better Fast and Make It Last: Unlock Your Brain’s Healing Potential to Overcome Negativity, Anxiety, Anger, Stress, and Trauma

I'm only a couple of chapters in and it's very interesting!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: