Old 06-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #44
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

My update to the thread is to say that I only thought i was seeing gray hair. I am glad to say that I don't have any gray!

Everyone loves the goatee/mustache look. Cheeks are growing in more and more, but I keep them shaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
Ohhhhhh hair!
Ok I was well endowed with facial hair before T
Now that I am on 100T per week stuff is growing.
Ok granted I can see it and feel it and if u want to u have to get closer but it’s growing. Oh and the left side of torso has hair coming in.... very light in color... right side nada
Places that didn’t have any are filling in, and yesterday I did a selfie and the gf noticed; much to her chagrin;
My daughter noticed as did the youngest grandchild who can hardly wait to take that medicine and grow a beard ( she is 8 and will tell u she is a boy and wears boys clothes down to the boxers; been doing this since she was 3).
Well anyway if I could get a pic to post I would post one...

Question - what happened to that insatiable sexual appetite? It went away,,, well that was short lived. After T went from 75 a week to 100 it went away... next week going to 150 a week, as long as my blood pressure stays normal going higher, but going to ask the endocrinologist for tamaxifen which will prevent the T from converting to estrogen especially in those fat cell areas.
Which yup, when I get the go ahead from the oncologist surgeons next week hitting the gym, and riding my bike...
????? Did u all’s gf’s et al have difficulty when the changes actually started being visible?
I’m all excited, about the changes and feeling the hair on my face not with hands but just it being there and tickling my upper lip or mouth corners.. is just well affirming and gives me more confidence and needless to say the gf is going thru stuff... as this stuff happens.

Oh gotta tell u this one... I went grocery shopping ( something I have been doing for 50 years ) and I like to study prices compute things in my head as to which is really the better buy and will I really eat 5 gallons of pickles etc,
So there I am in produce dept standing and staring at the 45 varieties of romaine lettuce... bagged.. organic.. etcetc deciding how much I will need to have and which one is cheaper.. next thing I know I have this nice mature woman shopper offering me assistance since it appeared I was out of my element.... ��. And dam almost every aisle these sweet ladies were helping me... telling me oh u need noodles? What is your wife going to cook, oh your not married and you are cooking?? Damn, I have decided that early morning grocery shopping is a lot of fun... Tuesday’s my new activity. I was very courteous to Each lady. Lot more fun than cruising nursing homes �� (joke)
Dean, I am sorry that your GF is struggling with this. If she is on FB, there are a couple of groups for partners of trans men. Does she identify as a lesbian and only dates women? I see you are in Philadelphia where the Mazonni Center is. I wonder if the Mazonni Center has, or knows of a support group for partners of trans people. My understanding is the literature states that 50% of couples stay together after transition. Some people can adjust to the person's gender change, and some cannot. Cis women seem to have an easier time when their female to male partners transition. Most of the time the FTM was already masculine to begin with, so there isn't as huge of a shift for the women dateing a FTM, like this is for cis female wives of trans women.

Has she gone with you to your gender therapist to discuss and get any questions answered? I always bring in the partner/family/whoever prior to the person starting hormones. It is a transition for everyone in the person's life. Does she have a therapist for herself? I would encourage that. She needs a place of support. Have you all been together long?

Hair growth is a funny thing. Hair stared coming in on my left arm faster than my right, but the hair on my face and chest started coming in first on the right side.

I still don't have hairy legs, which surprises me. I am happy to report that I have no back or butt hair. I would like more chest hair to cover my top surgery scars. I would rather be less hairy, then hairy, but like the ability to grow a beard.

Good luck to your girlfriend. Do the best you can to be understanding. I know you are probably excited to share you joy about your body changes, but try to keep in mind she is less than thrilled. She may be feeling like she is "losing you", through this process. Do you have others that you reach out to, to share your joy about the changes?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: