How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,119 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My mom called and left me three voice mails this morning. I didn't hurry to call her back because I just spoke to her last night. But when I did call her back this morning, it turns out she has come up with some scheme to come stay with me for awhile and help me recuperate from my bout with pneumonia.

When I first got pneumonia, she told me how she wanted to come help me, but couldn't remember how to drive to my house. I thought my sister and I had talked her out of it. That was two-ish weeks ago.

Last night when I talked to her, I told her how much better I am doing, and that friends have been around to help me out. I'm going back to work tomorrow, and I have been on a couple of outings (doctor visits) that led me to believe I will be able to handle getting from the parking deck to my office. She said all the appropriate things last night, like she understood what I was saying. But then this morning she calls with this complicated plan to come and stay with me and nurse me back to health.

I reminded her we talked just last night and that I am better. I teased her a little and said she must have dreamed that I needed help. And probably, it was something she dreamed. But this is just another sign of my mom's confusion when it comes to conversations and what's going on.

After reading about Kelt's mom going for a 4 a.m. walk, it made me wonder what would have happened if she had just gotten in her car and tried to drive to my house? She might have made it here - but quite possibly not. It wouldn't be the first time she had gotten lost while driving. And what if she hadn't told anyone where she was going? She forgets to take her cell phone with her when she goes outside. And one day, I'm afraid something like this is going to happen.

I wonder if it's possible to put GPS on her car? Or is that something that only happens in spy movies?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: