Old 07-18-2010, 07:10 AM   #26
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I must have missed this thread when it was started.

I'm really enjoying reading the posts here.

My communication skills aren't always the best. I can however communicate better online than I can in person. Online I get a chance to digest what I read and post accordingly. In person, I have hearing loss and if I miss part of a conversation, I'm lost unless someone repeats what they said.

I guess I'm going to say it has to do with the difference between hearing and understanding online just as it does in real life. The skills you bring to an online discussion has to do with how you absorb what you read. Kind of like, did you hear me if we were holding a conversation. The key to both is the understanding. So, even though you heard me, you might not have understood me. Lets not jump the gun or get angry because you read it differently than I write it even if I can't convey it the same way if you were in front of me. Now we're at body language and you can't see me behind my computer screen. How to make my online thoughts come to life as I would in a conversation? If you can think it or say it, write it down and reread it. If it looks the same on the screen as you feel it would by coming out of your mouth, post it.

There are days I struggle with words and am thankful for friends that know me and can back me up when I miss a step or two. I'm sure we've all had days like that. Good, bad or ugly, we need to be responsible for our words once we hit the send button for the world to see. Coming back to clarify a post someone has a problem with is imperative. Without it, other posters will start to make assumptions over the post and we all know where that leads. I think if you can't be responsible for your actions, the rest of us need to learn to let go of that post because the poster may have just done what they set out to do. Pit us against each other and kick back and watch.

Lastly, the way you see it, may be different than the way I see it, but it doesn't mean we have to attack each other. A simple, can you expound on that should be suffice without an attack of words. Without the proper tools to communicate, I'd be afraid to post anything or even talk to others.

Notice I didn't use June as an example.......what the hell is wrong with me

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: