View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #43
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
No.

Thumpings are usually well deserved and I don't take them personally or get my feelings hurt.

I always go back and look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
I try to be good and not get thumped by moderators, I do well with self moderation, however I have been thumped by other members. It does not bother me enough to leave a site. For the most part I respect those who have thumped me for their knowledge, point of view and passion. I am of the opinion we can have varied points of views and still get along, respect each other and be in the same community.

What does bother me and makes me feel like leaving is the tone of some posts. I know this is how some speak or come across, tone will deter me.

I have left some threads and never returned and others I've gone back, reread and, most often, gathered more food for thought.
I completely, utterly agree. Thanks Semantics and Kimbo, for beating me to it... tone is a serious determent for me, especially if it's an angry, resentful, "better than thou", or an obvious strike to derail. If I were to get thumped by the mods... than that means maybe my tone was offensive to others and I need to take a step back? I don't mind being humble and taking my thumping, then minding my manners and thanking those that "thumped me good".

I've recently stayed out of more substantial discussions... for personal reasons only and high stress levels stemming from my previous job... not because of the fear of being moderated or thumped. I recall posting in this thread early on... mostly a ramble about tone of voice and how I should moderate my own online communications, with respect to others.

I got THUMPED from my DSL service last night... right in the middle of posting this response... hope it works now?
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: