Old 03-23-2013, 02:40 AM   #1664
ManOMan

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His...
Relationship Status:
Single & searching....

ManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST Reputation

In the NA fellowship there is an IP literature leaflet that deals with inappropriate behaviour at meetings which covers situations like this and others. Does AA have a similar piece of lit.?

ILF [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If there is such a pamphlet in AA, I am unaware of it. I happen to have the literature commitment at my Wed. night meeting, so the next time I go to the central office I can ask.

Actually at that particular meeting we have an old guy (83) that's inappropriate in general. He claims 32 years, but he's still an A-hole. He's also got the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and it exacerbates the situation. I think it's the only meeting he's physically able to get to. We've had several conversations and the secretary called NY. What they said was the secretary can 86 someone. We've all prayed a lot about this. What we came up with is that he as an assigned chair that keeps him in the back of the room. He's been told that if he doesn't like it, there's the door.

'Our common welfare should come first', so if there are people that push beyond the scope of "Love and tolerance", they can be asked to leave.

I'm glad that there are people that are willing to get involved to make meetings a safe place for everyone. Meetings are way too important.