How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

I loved Life of Pi (mostly because I've struggled with feeling polyamorously religious/spiritual throughout my life) - but Go Set a Watchman was awful. It was basically "well, it's okay to think black people are lesser as long as you're okay with allowing them to vote." Scout, you're just as racist as Atticus. Stop patting yourself on the back, and Harper Lee, stop making Scout out to be the wonderful not-racist one. She's just as racist and ignorant as everyone else. I literally ranted and raved for ten straight minutes and threw the book down at the end. Thankfully I borrowed it instead of paying for it.

Currently I'm trying to read Wheat Belly and the science was interesting but it goes on foreeeeeeeever. How hard can it be to explain 'don't eat wheat, it's wrecking your health?'. I mean, it's a book I needed to read and I really hope there's something worthwhile in the last 40% of the book (I've been stuck at 60%, bored as hell, for a couple weeks now), but it doesn't need to go on for so many pages. Also, the author's 'witty' comments come across as smarmy and ick.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: