View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #1361
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Love and life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
It looks like it is back to chemo for my mom. We went in June and her CA125 was 15 and yesterday it was at 39. Next Wednesday they will do another CT scan and then we'll discuss what to do next. She has been on a break because they said she couldn't handle any more chemo. Yesterday they said because her cancer came back once before it will most likely be recurring. The oncologist said that just like some people take medicine for high blood pressure she will need chemo to treat cancer most likely until the end of her life. After leaving the hospital my mom said that it will probably kill her.

I just don't know anymore. I don't know what it means for either of us. Just when you think it's gone it rears it's ugly head and punches you right in the gut.
Wrangler, I had nine years of silence.
Have you been able to talk to anyone about your Mom, other than the oncologist? Modifying dosing treatments for her. Has radiation been done, or not effective for her situation? Do you have a local cancer organization, or hospital support group, so you can talk and hear about others successes.

I had endometrial cancer in 2004, radical surgery, then a recurrence in 2013. I underwent 28 radiation and brachytherapy treatments versus chemo which was not effective for my type of reoccurance.

Being tired and sick of the treatment is so difficult. I feel for you, and understand where you Mom is coming from. But, please look into talking , and options, and others who have been there. Don't need to be alone. Warmest regards. Tommi
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: