View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:48 AM   #25
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
I was married to a pack rat for twenty-five years, though. Since his death, it is a lot harder to get rid of stuff he hoarded than it would have been while he was alive. Now it has become kind of dear to me, so I rationalize keeping it. I have made a lot of progress though. Last fall I took two whole van loads to Goodwill. They "won" the donations because they have a drive-through delivery system and they actually unload all the stuff out of the car for you. Yah Goodwill!!!
Keri,

You want the truth? If something were to happen to B. I think I'd find it extremely hard to get rid of anything that belonged to Hym so I really admire you for what you did.

I know my parents are already trying to reduce their possessions because they don't want my siblings or I to have to deal with it when they're gone. I know because my mother has told me, several times now, that this is what they're - or rather she's; my father won't let go of anything - doing, and although it makes me incredibly sad to think of their passing, I have to admit that I'm actually supporting them in their bid to get rid of stuff they no longer need, not because I don't want the 'trouble' of doing it when they're gone but because I'm not sure I'd be able to cope with it emotionally. Truth is, though, they have waaaaay too much stuff - my mother still uses my cut up, perfectly laundered and folded diapers (I'm 50!) - as face cloths (!), in spite of having a cupboard full of new ones - so it really does need to be done if for no other reason than to allow them to enjoy their golden years without being surrounded by clutter.

Anyway, thanks for sharing Keri...

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote