How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Oh! Have you also read A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson?
I'm just finishing it, and he is also accounting his hike on the AT. However, in true Bryson style, he injects much about the history, current situations, and stories about the AT throughout the book.

I'd be interested to hear what you think about the book you're reading.
I HAVE read that book! Few years back and I have given it to many others to read as well. Bryson is an excellent and descriptive writer. His (unofficial) bibliography from that book led me to read several others in fact...

The other book I had been reading, On the Beaten Path, was very good. Stirred my fires some more where hiking the AT is concerned

If you like books such as these, you may like a book written by a much loved (by me) naturalist named Bernd Heinrich. The first (and favorite) book I read by him is called A Year in the Maine Woods. He does a Thoreauesque experiment of living MOSTLY in his cabin in Maine....